Golden Visa Benefits
What is a Golden Visa? Every third country national who obtains a Golden Visa, as well as all the members of his/her immediate family (spouse, children under 21 years of age, parents of both spouses) are entites to the following benefits:
• The right to enter Greece and the EU for five (5) years
• The right to reside in Greece for five (5) years
• The right to renew Golden Visa every five (5) years (when conditions are met)
• The right to travel freely and stay for over 180 days per year in European countries that are also members of the Schengen Agreement, within or outside the European Union. A Golden Visa currently permits travel to Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
The right to access the Greek public education system.
In order to obtain a Golden Visa in Greece the following requirements must be met:
The holder of Golden Visa is entitled to extend all the benefits of their Golden Visa to the immediate members of his/her family, who will each acquire a separate Golden Visa by submitting their own separate applications. Immediate family members include:
In all cases outlined above, the value of the real estate property shall be determined based on the value of the property, or the lease, indicated in the contract of purchase. It should be made clear that the value of the property, according to law 4251/2014, is the amount which has been paid for its purchase, and which is stated explicitly in the contract. The objective, or assessed, value of the property is not relevant, unless it corresponds to the amount which was, according to the contract, paid for the purchase of the property.
1. Documents required for the beneficiary’s Golden Visa:
We usually arrange this for our customers, using an Insurance Company we work with.
2. Documents required for Family Members:
In the case where the applicant and/or family member has traveled to Greece through another Schengen country, and his/her passport bears an entry visa of this country, instead of Greece, we also need the e-tickets and the boarding passes in order to verify the entire route of the journey. Finally we need a list with all the family members that are applying along with the applicant, containing the following: first name, last name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, place of birth.
• Choosing Golden home with your Golden Visa is the right choice for you! • Golden Home Real Estate is the largest Real Estate Agency in Greece, with 650 experienced Agents in 7 branches across Attica, Mykonos and Santorini, as well as dozens of Agents - Correspondents based at important destinations all around Greece. • Golden Home Agents manage around 45.000 real estate properties, all of them updated, among which you will easily find the property/ies you are seeking to buy, so as to acquire the Golden Visa. • Because only Golden Home can undertake, not only to find and purchase a real estate property for you, but also procure the legal, financial and technical assistance necessary for the acquisition of the Golden Visa, without you having to worry about any part of the procedure. All you have to do is choose the property that suits you! • Because so far Golden Home Real Estate alone has managed the purchase of real estate on behalf of numerous non European citizens, whose purpose was to acquire the Golden Visa , and we continue to do so at an increasing rate. For a matter of such importance, should you not choose the very best?
Yes, for another 5 years each time, provided that the applicant still owns the property.
Yes. Members of the family are considered the spouse (husband/wife), the children, the investor’s parents and the spouse’s parents. They may request individual residence permits. They shall, however, submit separate applications. Their permit expires on the same date as the investor’s does
Article 20B, paragraph 1, point (c), Law 4251/2014, provides that a third country national who has the full ownership, possession and occupancy of real estate property in Greece through a legal entity, the entirety of whose stocks or corporate shares are fully owned by the applicant, has the right to apply for the “permanent residence permit for investors”
No, they do not. This residence permit does not give right to access to any type of employment, according to, Article 20, paragraph 6, Law 4251/2014. Employment in this case does not include the exercise of economic activity in the capacity of a shareholder or Chief Executive Officer of companies established before your application for this residence permit. This exemption for economic activity refers to third country citizens who are shareholders or managers of all forms of capital companies (S.A., Ltd, Private limited companies). The family members that have been granted this residence permit have also restricted access to employment.
Yes, you can. According to Article 8, paragraph 30, Law 4332/2015, a third country citizen has the right to apply for the long-term resident status, provided he fulfils the conditions of Articles 89 and 90, Law 4251/2014. Having been granted the long-term residence status is a prerequisite in order to apply for Greek citizenship by naturalization, provided all other requirements are fulfilled. I would like to request a residence permit. Should I get an entry visa for Greece before I submit my application for the residence permit? Only if you come from a country, whose citizens are required to get an entry visa in order to come to Greece.
He/she may stay continuously in Greece for its whole duration. He/she may travel to other Schengen countries without a visa, but his/her stay in those countries cannot exceed 90 days in each 6-month period. He/she has access to health or education services, just like any Greek citizen
It is usually issued within 2 months from the day on which the complete application was submitted or arrived at the Decentralized Administration.
Yes. If all the supporting documents are submitted, a proof of submission is issued. If an application for a residence permit is submitted for the first time, this proof of submission is issued, and you can proceed to book an appointment with the Office in order to provide fingerprints. When the fingerprints are given, the application is considered complete and the process for the permanent residence permit begins. If the applicant is in Greece the day the application is submitted, he/she can come to the Office and provide fingerprints on the same day.
I submitted an application for a residence permit and I was given a document proving its submission. What can I do with it? You may travel freely as often as you wish to/from Greece. Attention: you are not allowed to travel to any other Schengen country. This means that any flight schedule that requires a flight transfer at the airport of another Schengen country should be avoided. What is the duration of the proof of submission regarding an application for a residence permit? One year.